PE and Sport Premium
The government is providing funding to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. Schools must spend the funding on improving their provision of PE and sport.
The PE and sport premium can help primary schools to achieve this aim, providing primary schools with £320m of government funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, physical activity and sport offered through their core budgets. It is allocated directly to schools so they have the flexibility to use it in the way that works best for their pupils. The PE and sport premium survey highlighted the significant impact which PE and Sport has had in many primary schools across England.
This means that we use the PE and sport premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that our school provides
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
The PE and sport premium is used to secure improvements in the following 5 ways:
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport